August 30, 2012

What You Will See

I forgot to mention this previously during the original introduction, but there are four categories of entries that may show up for any given anime:  Mini-Reviews, Reviews, Summaries, and Essays. 

Mini-Reviews are designed to be Spoiler-Free.  If you're interested in seeing a series, but just want to get my take on it, this is what you'll want to read.  I give my rating, a brief spoiler-free description of the premise, and my recommendation of whether it's a good watch or crap.

Then there are the full Reviews.  This is where I do a break down of the scoring, including discussing each section in detail.  There are spoilers in these.  The fact that one of the categories is 'Ending' should be self-explanatory on that point.  These full reviews are either for people who don't mind spoilers, those who don't intend to watch the anime, or those who have seen it already.

Summaries are nothing but spoilers.  I give a walkthrough of the plot, including pointing out various parts that are good, bad, or just making random comments.  This section is for the same population as the full Reviews, and also those who just like my writing style.

Finally, we have essays.  Most essays will be spoiler-ridden, but on a specific topic.  Some essays I plan on writing are things such as the symbolism and allusions in Code Geass, the treatment of nudity in Elfen Lied, and what makes the use of Shinji in Evangelion refreshing (though your mileage may vary).

No comments:

Post a Comment